Product Manager (Digital)
The Product Manager's mission is to lead the generation of the product backlog and oversee the implementation of new features for M3’s flagship Doctors.net.uk platform.
In the role you will work with your team to translate the vision of the product solution as defined in the program backlog into stories with acceptance criteria that can be implemented by the development team to meet the needs of our customers and clients. You will establish the story acceptance criteria by identify the needs of key stakeholders, gained through constant interactions with customers, conducting market research, brainstorming, end-user interviews and surveys, and competitor analysis.
Working closely with your team and the Product Management Director you will prioritize the stories that define the new features of the application and work to validate the success and ROI of those features, changing direction and priority as required. You will always keep all key stakeholders appraised of the status and success.
This is an interesting and varied role with an opportunity to put your stamp on the future direction of the Doctors.net.uk platform
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing concise user stories with acceptance criteria that convey the vision of what needs to be built and forms the product backlog.
- Validating the features as defined in the stories meet the needs of the key stakeholders (clients, customers).
- Prioritise the product backlog based on the overall defined strategy and business objectives.
- Ensuring the Development Team understand the product backlog to the level needed.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Development Team will work on next.
- Oversee the development of the product and support the sprints as required.
- Demo, communicate and evangelise the new product features both internally and externally.
- Produce timely and accurate reporting and documentation as required
- Proven track record of defining and implementing product features
- A strong track record in similar roles, preferably with both some B2B and B2C experience.
- In-depth understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment.
- Excellent oral communication, presentation and networking skills
- Data driven and in possession of critical thinking skills to continuously improve approaches to achieve the goals as quickly as possible
- Experience in medical media/communications and an understanding of physicians’ needs would be helpful
- BSc or equivalent in a science, technology or mathematical subject
- Motivated by ability to meet challenges
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly understand new business opportunities
- Strong organisation skills, ability to balance multiple priorities and to provide clear status updates.
- High attention to detail and high quality standards whilst being pragmatic and delivering at pace.
- Personality to work in a dynamic environment
25 days annual leave
Private medical cover
Group Life Cover
Subsidised gym membership