We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic person to become a member of our growing sampling team based in Hammersmith.
As a Procurement Coordinator your primary responsibility will be the setting up of external suppliers for quantitative projects and assisting the sampling coordinators in making sure the projects are delivered in accordance with the specs and timelines given by the client.
You are one of the key players in the execution and delivery of quantitative projects and take full responsibility for the outsourcing aspect of the projects requiring external suppliers. You will not only coordinate with the vendors and freelancers, but also ensure that all the internal sampling tactics have been exhausted before considering any outsourcing. You will be accountable for the successful setup of external suppliers.
You will carry overall responsibility for the coordination of the external suppliers on projects to help ensure that projects are delivered within timelines agreed with the client, so it is essential that you work closely with the sampling coordinators. You will also work closely with the panel team to make sure the team are sampling in a strategic way that will sit together with the company’s long-term goals of growing and maintain the M3 panel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing projects before setting up external suppliers, to ensure that all internal sampling strategies have been exhausted and that profit of the project is maximised
- Finding, briefing and setting up external suppliers on projects when requested by the sampling coordinator.
- Reviewing external suppliers at the end of fieldwork, ensuring that external suppliers helped M3 achieve and exceed client’s expectations.
- Making sure that external suppliers are introduced to sampling coordinator and set up in a timely manner to ensure that the projects are completed in line with timelines stipulated by the client
- Ensuring that changes of project specifications from point of sale to on boarding a partner are escalated to the line manager
- Making sure that the MR system and sampling summary are updated with the suppliers’ costs before launching them.
- Coming up with backup plans when external suppliers are not able to reach their target for a project, always keeping in mind costs and timelines.
- Liaising with the procurement team when it comes to working with new external suppliers or negotiating rate cards or discounts.
- Pro-actively seeking alternative suppliers and thinking about costs on each project
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on external suppliers’ performances and costs at a project level
- Sending final updates to external suppliers and reviewing costs before allowing them to issue an invoice.
This not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to adapt to different tasks based on the development of the role and the evolving business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills, and knowledge
- Degree level or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge and insight of the Healthcare market
- Previous experience in Market research
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Responsive and able to work well under pressure
- Previous experience managing external suppliers preferable
- Solution Orientated
- Good time management and reliable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A good eye for details
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Pension scheme (currently 4% employer contribution)
- Life cover insurance from first day of employment (4 x annual basic salary)
- Private fully funded healthcare plan after 6 months
- Subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox (Employee discount scheme)
- Cycle to Work purchase scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Regular staff social events