The Cloud Engineer is a new role here at M3 focusing on developing an all-new platform to support the business for the years to come. This is an opportunity build, optimise and maintain a greenfield cloud data warehouse solution. You’ll support the business to gain insights and drive efficiencies by also putting in place a self-service platform to allow ubiquitous BI.
At M3 Europe we operate an online community for doctors that generates revenue via content targeting. Data analytics is key to that operation through driving efficiencies and measuring success and we are now looking to reshape our approach from a legacy SQL Server data warehouse to leverage cloud technologies.
- Drive research and development into cloud technologies for data warehousing and ubiquitous business intelligence.
- Implement, manage and maintain a cloud data warehousing solution
- Identify, categorise and integrate data sources into the data warehouse schema as required by the business needs.
- Assist the relevant business departments with data-related issues/queries.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties. The performance of different tasks as necessitated by the changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation is expected.
- Graduate or Masters in IT or relevant technical experience
- Able to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Experience with relational and columnar databases
- Experience working with AWS and use of their APIs and CLIs
- Capability with at least one major programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience of Cloud data warehousing technologies (Redshift) including data pipelining and ETL.
- Proven experience extracting value from large disconnected data sets
- Experience generating star/snowflake schemas
- Experience working with and configuring business intelligence/data aggregation software tools (Quicksight, Tableau
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels of technical experience
- Experience of SQL, SSIS, SSRS and/or OLAP cubes
- Experience of Terraform and/or automated environment generation
- Experience with Automated report generation solutions
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Group life cover at 4 X Salary
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- We operate a Group Pension Plan -employee contributions are 4% and employer contributions are 4%. Enrolment onto this scheme takes effect in your third month of employment
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provides staff with a free 24/7 confidential information and counselling service
- Shared Pluralsight and CodePen.IO subscriptions